Air purifiers help in reducing allergies and asthma. It purifies the air and makes sure that you breathe safely. Given the current pollution situation, buying them makes sense. But with so many brands out there, picking the best air purifier in India can be a little perplexing.
Finding the best product for your home can be time-consuming and intimidating. If you end up picking a home air purifier that isn’t of good quality and durability, eventually, it fails to remove the dust and particulates from air successfully.
Yes, you would have paid an extremely small price but in the end, a non-quality product does not last long, making you again buy another purifier in some days.
Taking advantage of a free demo and trying out an air purifier before buying one is a hassle, but necessary if you want to make sure you are getting the best for your home.
So, we took up the challenge, used several air purifiers, put them through tests, and ranked them with pros and cons to guarantee that you get the best option for your money.
Top 10 Best Air Purifier In India 2019 – [Reviews & Guide]
1. Mi Portable Room Air Purifier
- Easy control via the app
- 943 intake holes allow for high air intake
- Air purification within a short period of 10 minutes
- Unique tower design
- Frequent changes in readings on the display
- Night mode can result in a drop in purification
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 310 CMH
- Circular HEPA type filter
- 360° cylindrical filtration system
- Delivers coverage of up to 400 sq ft
- Automatic display dimming
- Power consumption of 29 W
- Smart control with the app
- Precise laser guided impurity sensor
Created with a highly efficient tower design and cylindrical filtration system that intakes air over 360° the Mi AC-M4-AA is a powerful and one of the best air purifiers that is ideally suited for conditions in India.
With 3-layers included in the filter and Japanese H11-grade technology, it provides a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 310 CMH. It allows for faster air purification, covers up to 400 sq ft and is ideal for use within a home.
A laser particle sensor can detect particles as tiny as 0.3 μm, and the OLED display onboard provides details about PM2.5 levels, temperature, humidity, and AQI.
The onboard display shows whether Sleep, Favourite or Auto modes are in use while the brightness level automatically adjusts as per ambient light.
Smart control of the purifier is also possible with the Mi Home App installed on a paired smartphone, and alerts to change the filter are displayed.
2. Honeywell Portable Room Air Purifier
- Low power consumption
- Filters last up to a year when used for eight hours per day
- Durable and highly portable
- Limited information on the display
- Power consumption of 53 W
- HEPA and Activated Carbon filtration
- Covers a maximum area of 323 sq ft
- Removes 99 percent of pollutants
- Operating sound of 46-60 dB
Delivering 100 percent ozone-free purified air the Honeywell HAC25M1201W easily finds itself among the best air purifiers. With a 250 CMH CADR, it is ideally suited for use within the home and covers 323 sq ft.
A three-stage (Pre-filter, HEPA and Activated Carbon) filtration system is designed to last up to 3000 hours, while an Intelligent Auto Mode ensures the unit functions optimally to maintain the best air quality.
The sleep mode guarantees minimum disturbance when it is in operation, and the polycarbonate body has anti-fall protection which allows for maximum durability.
A smart notification system indicates when the filter needs changing, and there are child lock and touch controls which ensure ease of use.
3. American Micronic 22 Watts HEPA Air Purifier
- Budget friendly pricing
- User-friendly modes and features
- Easy to operate
- Robust filtration process
- Coverage area is limited
- Activated Carbon and (HEPA) Filters
- Ionizer with on/off option
- Area covered extends up to 150-200sq.ft.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate of 220m3/hr.
- Compact sized air purifier
- Power Draw of 22 Watts
A low price tag is just one of the many attractive features of the American Micronic-AMI-AP1-22Dx purifier which occupies the tenth spot among the best air purifiers available online in India.
Its Pre-filter removes large particles, while the High-Efficiency Particulate Arrest (HEPA) filter removes 99.97% of airborne particles.
An activated carbon filter onboard removes odors and gasses while the ionizer produces particles with a negative charge to keep the air fresh.
Several features including a 1-2-4-8 hour timer, three operating speeds and a Sleep mode that reduces disturbance allow for easy use of the purifier.
Providing up to 150-200sq.ft. of coverage and a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 220m3/hr., the purifier is a perfect choice for those who want pure air circulating within a room and do not want to exceed a limited budget.
4. Philips 60-Watt AeraSense Air Purifier
- Minimizes the risk of transmission in cases of the H1N1 virus
- Sleep mode and light turn off allows for undisturbed rest
- Ideal for houses where TVOC needs to be reduced
- Portable design and weight of less than 10kg
- Special Allergen mode for patients with respiratory tract diseases
- Low power consumption
- The Filter gets dirty quickly even if the purifier is kept unused
- Stops and starts suddenly during use
- Room type air purifier with (HEPA) filter
- Covers an area of 76 square meters
- 376 m3/hr Clean Air Delivery Rate
- PM2.5 measuring and display in real time
- Allergen and Ultra Silent sleep modes
- NanoProtect S3 Activated Carbon and VitaShield IPS
- Consumes 60 watts of power
- An extended warranty period of 2 years
A range of advanced features makes the Philips 3000 Series AC3256/20 a top pick when looking for the best air purifiers in India for your home.
The unit has a High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter that removes the H1N1 virus and up to 99.99% bacteria, while the Activated Carbon Filter reduces TVOC.
The two filters combine with the Pre Filter that removes allergens like dust and pollen and the VitaShield Intelligent Purification System which handles particles of up to 0.02 microns, to provide healthy and clean air.
The machine has a 376 m3/hr Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) and an Aero-Dynamic Vortex airflow system that provides coverage for 76 sq. meters.
Sleep mode reduces the noise of the purifier during the night while Auto mode allows for precise control.
The Turbo mode is ideal when faster purification is required. User-friendly features include a 24 timer which automatically turns off the purifier while a Healthy Air Protect Alert indicates when the filter needs replacing.
A high visibility sensor-driven touch panel is available to control the portable machine, and its lights turn off when required.
5. Dyson Air Purifier With Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Enabled
- An inbuilt fan without blades
- Extremely energy efficient
- Recommended and certified by Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Easy maintenance and changing of filters
- Remote control from the app
- Best-in-class filtration system
- Price is quite high compared to other models
- Detailed reporting of air quality (VOC, NO2 , PM 2.5, AQI, PM 10)
- Advanced HEPA and Activated Carbon filters
- Coverage area extends to 600sq.ft.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Inbuilt
- 350 degrees oscillation
- Consumes 40W of power
- 10-speed settings, several modes, and Sleep Timer
With many sophisticated features and a price tag to match the Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier senses particulates as small as 0.1 microns in the air and does so in real-time.
The energy-efficient model has extensive coverage extending up to 600sq.ft. Filtration extends evenly in all directions, and a HEPA filter along with an Activated Carbon Filter that is Tris Impregnated captures 99.95% of particulates ranging up to a size of 0.1 microns.
Densely packed borosilicate microfiber in the filter prevents leaking of unfiltered air into the room, and advanced activated carbon ensures many harmful gases such as formaldehyde and benzene are trapped and filtered.
Real-time air quality monitoring (VOC, NO2, PM 2.5, AQI, PM 10) results in readouts being provided all through the day on the LCD and channelled via Wi-Fi & Bluetooth to an app.
The in-built fan without blades allows for 350 degrees oscillation and superior circulation for cooling and purification of air.
There is also a separate mode which allows for the backward flow of purified air. Remaining filter life is shown on the display/app ensuring easy switching when necessary and10 settings are available for controlling speed.
Several modes including Auto are available and the Night mode dims the display and lessens the noise output.
With allergens such as pollen, dust along with industrial gases and odor filtered from the air the purifier is uniquely designed to help people with respiratory diseases such as asthma.
6. HUL Pureit 50-Watt Air Purifier
- Low operating noise
- Consumes less power
- Handles a wide range of 6 pollutants
- Air quality is checked every two minutes
- Good features at a budget price
- AQI sensor sometimes does not provide an accurate readout
- Filter wears out quickly
- Air intake over 360-degrees
- Capable of covering an area extending between 18 – 45 sq. mtrs
- Advanced (HEPA) filter type
- Clean Air Delivery Rate of 192 m3/hr
- 50 watts Power draw
With a space-saving and sleek build, the HUL Pureit H101 is designed to remain unobtrusive while providing a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 192 m3 per hour.
Designed with a 360-degree air intake it protects against WHO identified contaminants that are blacklisted. Its High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filtration technology and Activated Carbon Filter removes up to 99% of pollutants and gasses such as formaldehyde and toluene.
The Pure Refresh function ensures the air in a room is fully recycled every 13 minutes in a continuous process, and air quality is measured frequently and shown on the screen.
Its intelligent operation increases/decreases purification speed depending on air quality while noise remains below 49 dB. Several modes including sleep allow for smooth operation.
7. Panasonic Nanoe 230V Air Purifier
- Composite and deodorization filter each lasts for two years
- Highly efficient airflow circulation within the room
- Several modes allow for easy use
- The display can be easily dimmed and turned off
- Materials used to create the body are not very durable
- Limited information about the benefits of the purifier
- Filters and nanoe air ionizer included
- Coverage area extends up to 20 sq. mtrs.
- 3D airflow provides total room coverage
- Super alleru-buster/green tea catechin/anti-bacteria enzyme filters
- Auto, turbo and sleep modes
- Clean Sign and filter replacement indicators
- 30 watts power draw
Featuring a unique filtration system and Nanoe Air Ionizer the low-noise Panasonic F-PXJ30AHD Air purifier is ideally suited for use when you need uninterrupted sleep.
The long-lasting composite filter consisting of a Super alleru-buster, green tea catechin, and an anti-bacterial enzyme is hyper-efficient and removes 99% allergens and house dust while inhibiting the spread of up to 17 types of viruses and bacteria.
The 3D airflow circulation provides complete coverage of a room area of up to 20 sq. meters. A turbo mode allows for high-speed operation for 10 minutes, and a Sleep mode reduces speed and turns the display off when the purifier is operating in the night.
The Auto mode allows for the machine to work faster when it is required to reduce pollution levels within a short span of time. There is an inbuilt clean sign indicator, and a notification pops-up when the filter needs changing.
8. Purify+ 4 Step Room Air Purifier
- Sensor with air quality indicators
- Sleep and auto modes included
- Attractively priced
- Various operating speeds
- Materials and durability are not specified
- The purification process is longer when compared to similar models
- Four step filtration (three filters and one Anion)
- Simplified buttons for operation
- Covers an area of up to 400 sq. ft.
- Removes up to 99.95% of particulates up to 0.1 microns
- PM 2.5 sensor with indicator
Perfect for covering an area of up to 400 sq. ft., the Purify+ A200-01 is a powerful air purifier suitable for use at home and removes up to 99.95% particulates ranging up to a size of 0.1 microns.
It has a composite three-in-one filtration system (Pre-filter/ HEPA/Activated Carbon) coupled with an ionizer which can be turned off/on when required, and the purifier delivers high-quality air that reduces chances of disease occurring.
A PM 2.5 sensor onboard has three indicators (blue, green and red) to show air quality. While a timer and auto mode help the air purifier deliver the best results when used at home. A sleep mode reduces the noise generated and dims the lights of the purifier when it operates at night.
9. Kent Aura Portable Room Air Purifier
- Ionizer discharges negative ions which freshness air
- Delivers quick improvement in air quality
- Several user-friendly features including child lock
- Intelligent monitoring of air quality and alarm for filter inbuilt
- Portable build and eye-catching design
- Limited coverage area
- Noise levels can go up causing disturbance
- Room air purifier with 270 sq ft. coverage
- Pre-Filter, HEPA and Activated Carbon filters onboard
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 180 CMH
- Coverage area extends to 270 sq. ft.
- 45 W power draw and pedestal mounting
The Kent Aura air purifier is portable, created with advanced Japanese technology and is ideal for removing dust and particles from a room or area measuring 270 sq ft. Included is a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestor) filter along with an activated carbon filter and pre-filter.
The three filters trap allergens such as dust, pollen, and pet dander along with smoke and other airborne pollutants bigger or equal to 0.3 microns.
Included within the purifier is an ionizer which improves air quality and allows people with respiratory tract diseases to breathe with ease.
With three operating speeds, it provides a CADR of 180 CMH. Designed for silent and quick operation, it does not disturb sleep patterns and has an intelligent air monitoring system for checking air quality. An included alarm is activated when the filter needs changing.
There is a child lock for safe operation and an eight-hour timer which governs shut off.
10. Prestige Clean Home Series Air purifier
- Several modes and programmable timer
- The reduced noise level in sleep mode is outstanding
- A user-friendly control panel
- The ionizer can be switched on/off
- Does not operate as fast as similar models
- Does not appear to be very durable
- Four step (HEPA) filtration system with an ionizer
- 3-speed controls and sleep mode
- Power consumption of 45W
- Coverage extends up to 21 sq. meters
- Alert for replacing the filter
- Capable of handling PM2.5 in the air
With advanced technology and a four-step (Pre Filter/HEPA/Carbon Filter/ Ionizer) process the Prestige Series, PAP 1.0 is ideally suited for the home and reduces the occurrence of disease such as asthma.
Its advanced filters remove allergens, dust, pollen, gasses, smoke, and particulates of up to 2.5 micrometres while the ionizer makes particles in the air denser and less capable of movement.
With a 45W power consumption and powerful onboard motor, it covers an area of up to 21 sq. meters., and provides three user-controlled speeds that govern air delivered.
A Sleep mode reduces noise level, and there is an alert for changing the filter while the control panel is easy to use.
Buying Guide: How To Choose An Air Purifier?
Undeniably, air pollution has increased a lot in India. It is still one of the potential causes of the leading number of deaths every year. Air quality is worsening on a daily basis, making it a need to buy air purifiers. So, it is no longer a luxury.
But choosing the right air purifier is important. Only a quality product ensures that the air around you is clean and safe to breathe.
So, the question is – what to look for when buying an air purifier, especially for a place like India?
Before actually searching for air purifiers on e-commerce websites, first note down the answers for these 2 simple questions:
- What is your budget?
- What size do you prefer for the air purifier?
The answers to these two questions will help you narrow down your search and ensure that you pick the right product.
1. Know your room size
Once you fix the budget, the first factor to look while buying an air purifier is your ROOM SIZE.
- For study room or bedroom: Basic models will work
- For larger rooms or living rooms: You need either 1 big air purifier or 2 small ones
Almost all air purifiers provide specifications on the area they can cover. This data will help you to decide better.
2. Check the filtration system
A filter is the core part of a purifier. Most basic air purifier models come with a 3-layer filtration system, which includes:
- HEPA filter
- Carbon filter
All these 3 filters are important.
These three work to eliminate dust particles, bad odour, and other pollutants. While some purifiers merge these three into a single filter unit, others come as three individual filters so that they can be easily replaced even if something goes wrong.
Pollution levels in India is really high. Therefore, the air contains heavy particulate matter. To clear these impurities, a purifier should have a good pre-filter. Right now, PM 10 & PM 2.5 are examined to be pretty high in most cities in India. So, make sure that the purifier you buy, clears these.
- HEPA filter: A purifier isn’t worth and is next to trash if it doesn’t include a HEPA filter. According to the United States Department of Energy, High Energy Particulate Air (HEPA) removes 99.97% of 0.3 mm airborne pollutants.
- Activated carbon filter: An important thing to look for in an air purifier is the “activated carbon layer.” Activated carbon is a well-known porous element that easily sucks or absorbs most gaseous contaminants.
- Pre-filter: Irrespective of how a pre-filter is equipped on the device, the core purpose of it is to act as the first line of defense to capture even the biggest particles possible. It is a vital feature because it extends the lifespan of a HEPA filter.
3. Keep an eye on CADR
CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) is something you need to watch out for. A higher CADR rate is a sign of quality filtration.
Every product will mention 3 CADR numbers: for dust, pollen, and smoke respectively. Besides this, it is essential to check at what speed (for fan) is the filtration certified.
Is it high speed? Then, it will create a lot of noise.
What Air Purifiers To Avoid?
Avoid buying an air purifier that says something fancy like “Ultra modern 5-stage air filtration system.”
These are most often mass-produced and of low quality, with no warranty. People frequently fall into the trap because they are priced high, giving the impression that they should be better than the less expensive ones.
Ultimately, a good and quality air purifier will use only 1-2 stage filtration techniques and never 5 or 9.
Also, a quality purifier will not use Ultra Violet (UV) technology to purify the air. Instead, these are cheap alternatives purposely designed to make it sound fabulous. However, in reality, they perform less.