With the best coffee makers in India, a cafe-style cup of espresso is a treat you can indulge in every day. We discovered an appreciation for cappuccinos and lattes as we sampled various coffee maker brands and debated their pros and cons. With countless cups of coffee under our belts and caffeine-fuelled late nights, we’ve compiled a list of top ten machines that can output an espresso or a south Indian filter coffee.
10 Best Coffee Makers To Choose From
1. InstaCuppa French Press, Stainless Steel Coffee Maker (600 ML)
- Brews coffee within four minutes
- Manually operated French press
- Heat resistant handle and durable build
- Monitoring is essential, as the risk of over-brewing is high
- French press with four filters
- Glass and stainless steel build
- Levels marked on the carafe
- Classic French design
Designed with traditional good looks, the InstaCuppa French Press Coffee Maker creates the equivalent of two cups within the space of four minutes, all without the need for electricity.
Pressing the plunger causes the four mesh filters to strain out grinds, while the heat-resistant handle allows for comfortable handling.
The borosilicate glass carafe with a capacity of 600ml and level markings is built to last and is dishwasher safe, while the stainless steel parts are resistant to rust.
2. Nescafé Smart Coffee Maker & Travel Mug (210 ml)
- Smart coffee maker with full app-based control
- Handles advanced frothing and heating options
- Insulated spill-proof travel mug and coffee maker combined
- Quantity limited to 210ml
- Supports only instant coffee mixes
- App and manual control
- Coffee brewing within 60-90 seconds
- Frothing and heating features
- Travel-ready leak-proof mug
- Thermal insulation
Targeted at active executives who want a rejuvenating drink on-the-go, the Nescafé É Smart Coffee Maker creates a 210ml cup of coffee within seconds and also functions as a travel mug.
The in-built app-control via Bluetooth provides full control of the machine via a paired smartphone. The onboard motor is capable of handling several recipes for coffee and also supports frothing and heating modes.
Operating at a fast pace, it creates coffee within 60-90 seconds. Coffee is kept warm/cold in the thermally insulated travel-friendly mug, which has a spill-proof lid and sturdy stainless steel interiors.
3. Morphy Richards Fresco 4 Cups Coffee Maker
- Temperature adjustment appeals to the coffee connoisseur
- Low power consumption
- Advanced two cup steel filter
- Elegant glass carafe with heatproof handle
- Limited output of four cups
- No auto cleaning
- Adjustable temperature from 0 to 90 Degree Celsius
- Two-cup filter
- Heat resistant glass carafe
- Four cup capacity
- Protection again overheating
- Extended two-year warranty
Aimed at the coffee lover who wants to have a slice of the cafe experience at home, the Morphy Richards Fresco has several nifty features.
An 800 watts motor and adjustable temperature from 0 to 90°C gives you the freedom to customize your coffee to your preference and create up to four cups.
The 2-cup steel filter is durable and delivers clear shots of espresso without grinds. A nozzle on-board creates creamy froth for Cappuccinos, and the drip tray is removable for easy cleaning of spills.
The heat resistant handle of the carafe ensures a comfortable grip, cup levels are marked for swift measuring, and overheat protection guarantees maximum safety when in use.
4. Prestige PCMD 1.0 650-Watt Drip Coffee Maker
- Perfect 3.5 bar pressure for brewing coffee
- The filtration system is one of the best
- Easy to use water level indicator
- Glass carafe with heat-resistant handle
- No frothing nozzle
- Cutting edge filter and anti-drip system
- Brewing basket with handle
- 650W power consumption
- Maximum capacity of up to 4 cups
- Indicator showing water level
The Prestige PCMD 1.0 is ideally suited for coping with an early morning rush to the office and creates between 2-4 cups of perfectly brewed coffee south Indian coffee if you love that variety.
With a 3.5 bar pressure and superior brewing technology, the machine ensures aroma and flavors are maximized in each cup while the anti-drip system reduces chances of spills.
Its indicator allows for continual checking of the level of water, while the glass carafe has a heat-resistant handle ensuring a comfortable grip.
5. Tecnora Classico Espresso and Cappuccino Coffee Maker
- 1050 watts thermoblock and two settings for heating
- Superior 15 bar pump with full manual control
- Spout with Panarello wand creates froth with perfect consistency
- Two portafilter baskets for single and double shot espresso
- Auto switch off feature
- Coffee grinder not built-in
- No auto cleaning feature
- Italian pump with 15-bar steam pressure
- Updated model with 1050 watts thermoblock
- Extended warranty cover of two years
- Sachet of espresso coffee powder included (200g)
- Space saving design with sleek finish
- Automatic switch off
Packed with top-of-the-line features and advanced functions the TECNORA Classico TCM 107 helps simplify your morning coffee making routine and outputs a delicious cafe-style cup.
Attractively priced with a thermoblock drawing 1050 watts and two heat settings it reduces chances of overheating coffee and burning.
A 15 bar pump delivers a perfectly steady jet of steam via the spout with Panarello wand allowing for hassle-free frothing when creating a cappuccino. Two built-in portafilter baskets smoothly handle a single shot and double shot espresso, while delivering optimum pressure to capture the maximum flavor in coffee grounds.
An auto shut off after 25 minutes of inactivity helps save power, while settings allow for full manual control of the pump and the 1.5-liter tank can be detached for refilling with water.
6. Havells Stainless Steel Espresso Coffee Maker
- Outputs four espressos or six cappuccinos
- Good bar pressure
- Easily cleaned
- Compact size
- The filter is easily misplaced
- Creates 4 cups of espresso
- Strong 5 bar pressure
- Draws 800 watts power
- Auto shut off and protection against overheating
- Minimalist styling and durable build
With robust bar pressure coupled with sleek looks and a matte finish, the Havells Donato Espresso is one of best coffee makers available in India, and it creates up to six cups of cappuccino.
It consumes 800 watts of power and has a 5 bar pressure pump capable of creating four cafe-style espressos.
The steam nozzle creates a creamy froth with perfect consistency, and it can be detached along with the drip tray when cleaning.
Stainless steel and plastic used in the compact-sized machine are durable while overheating protection provides maximum safety.
7. Inalsa Cafe Aroma 4 Cups Coffee Maker
- Adjustable nozzle accommodates various cup sizes
- Highly effective 4-bar pressure
- Low power draw
- Limited capacity
- Four-bar steam pressure
- Up to four cup capacity
- Flexible nozzle for convenient use
- 800 W power draw
- Attractive space saving design
Occupying a prime-position among budget models, the Inalsa Cafe Aroma is an ideal choice for a couple who want a no-hassle coffee maker that runs like a dream during the morning rush hour.
When entertaining the machine which has a capacity of four cups and 4-bar-steam pressure, delivers classic espressos and perfectly frothed cappuccinos.
Its steam nozzle can be adjusted allowing for easy use in cramped conditions. Ergonomic design allows for smooth operation, and its drip tray allows for quick clean-up, while the steel and plastic body is long lasting.
8. Stok Drip Coffee Maker (600 ml)
- A large capacity of up to six cups
- Brewing pause feature
- Warming plate to maintain the temperature
- Build mainly relies on plastic
- Cannot be cleaned easily
- A capacity of up to 600ml
- Brewing pause function
- Reservoir water level indicator
- Warming plate at the base
With the Stok ST-DCM01-1, six cafe quality cups of coffee can be brewed within minutes as you head to work or when entraining guests.
A brewing pause ensures that you can stop the drip, to pour and enjoy a fresh cup with a rich aroma. Dual windows show the water level remaining in the tank and allow for precise filling.
While a warming plate keeps the brewed coffee in the glass carafe hot and the filter can be removed and cleaned. The machine consumes 600 W and has a high quality plastic build fame.
9. Philips 1000-Watt Coffee Maker
- Filter holder and parts are removable for cleaning
- Brewing cycle can be interrupted
- Twister helps preserve the aroma and taste of coffee
- Creates up to 10 large sized cups
- Heat dissipates quickly
- 2-litre maximum capacity
- Level indicator on the water tank
- Manually controlled drip stop
- Removable filter holder
- Power consumption of 1000 watts
A large capacity of up to 1.2 litres makes the Philips HD7457/20 machine ideally suited for creating cafe style coffee for the entire family or when catering to several guests at a party.
The manually controlled drip stop allows coffee to be poured as soon as it is ready, while a twister ensures the aroma is distributed evenly in the brewed coffee.
A level indicator on the water tank provides for precise filling, and the drip machine has a durable steel and plastic build.
The coffee maker consumes 1000 watts, and the detachable filter holder and other parts are dishwasher safe.
10. Prestige PCMD 2.0 41855 400-Watt Drip Coffee Maker (Black)
- A simple machine that is easy to operate
- Delivers intense flavours to decoctions
- Low power draw and compact build
- Takes long to create several cups of coffee
- The model has fewer features than competitors
- Outputs up to 2 cups
- 400W power consumption
- Advanced filtration and anti-drip system
- Basket with integrated handle
The Prestige PCMD 2.0 is compact and can fit into a tiny kitchen allowing you to enjoy a superb cup of coffee on a budget without heading out to a cafe every day.
It consumes up to 400W of power, outputs up to two cups of coffee while anti-drip technology reduces spillage.
The mesh filtration system guarantees a strong coffee decoction with intense flavors, and it is ideal for south Indian filter coffee grinds.
An in-built handle on the brew basket allows for it be easily removed and cleaned.