Getting the best rice cooker in India can be a cruel game of hit or miss, as you try out several that deliver over-boiled mush or undercooked hard grains.
With no sure-fire way to find one that is head and shoulders above the rest, we have developed a testing method that relies on years of experience handling various brands of rice cookers.
We have also considered an important fact to win our list – a rice cooker has to impress the woman of the house. Also, it should take minimum effort to prepare a tasty meal.
So here’s the result of our extensive “testing,” with each cooker ranked with pros and cons.
10 Best Rice Cookers In India
1. Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker
- Cooks rice and dhal with a few minutes
- Impressive safety features and backups if one fails
- Very sturdy build
- The handle is tough to grip and close/open
- A capacity of 2 Litres
- High-quality aluminium build
- Heatproof handles
- Gas stove compatible
- Gasket release and safety valve
Capable of cooking rice within minutes, the Prestige Pressure Cooker is made from virgin aluminium and ensures that the food is free from contaminants.
The pressure cooker has a capacity of 2 litres and is ideal for cooking rice for a small family. Its flat base is thick, resistant to denting, and provides maximum durability.
The safety valve releases pressure that is above 1 kg/cm2, ensuring a safe cooking experience. It has a secondary safety feature (a slot) on the side of the lid that allows for the gasket to bulge out and release steam if the vent tube is blocked.
Additionally, the cooker has a safety plug to make sure that the excess pressure is released to provide maximum safety. The heat-resistant handles allow for the cooker to be easily carried and removed from a stove or an induction cooktop.
2. Panasonic Automatic Cooker Warmer Combo Gift Pack
- Easily cleaned
- The cooker is compatible with several optional
- Advanced safety
- Elegant and ergonomic
- Idli stand and steamer are of high quality
- Auto switch is problematic
- Combo pack with five accessories
- The power consumption of 660 watts
- Elegant design and colour
- Anodized pan and 2-dish separator
- Idli stand and steamer included
- 5 hour keep warm function
- Fits up to 1kg of rice
With an eye-catching gold colour, the Panasonic SR-W18GH is designed to impress any homemaker. Also, it comes with a reasonable price tag. Created by the best rice cooker brand in India, it is perfect for any stylish kitchen.
It consumes a power of 660 watts, and its heater has a warranty period of 5 years. It can fit up to 1kg of raw rice, and the combo pack comes with several helpful accessories including a polycarbonate steaming basket, a two dish separator, and a stand for making idlis.
The anodized pan has a non-stick coating and umbrella design that prevents spills and resultant short circuits. It also includes a measuring cup and a scoop.
A micro-switch and fuse protect against power fluctuation and the materials used in the build are RoHS compliant. The cooker has a heater that provides uniform heating, and its auto turn-off feature keeps the food warm for 5 hours. Several accessories are available separately and can be purchased and used to cook dishes simultaneously.
3. Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker
- Two pans allow for easy cooking during parties
- Durable and attractive build
- Ergonomic handles for easy carrying
- Automatic switching to keep warm mode
- Steam can build up within and cause scalding if not checked
- 700 watts power consumption
- 8L capacity open type model
- Cooks up to 1kg of raw rice
- A pair of aluminium cooking pans
- Measuring cup and scoop included
- Steel lid and attractive coloured body
- Auto cut-off and keep warm function
- Extended five-year warranty on the heating plate
- Detachable power cord
The attractively coloured Prestige Delight Electric Cooker comes with two pans that are specifically designed to ensure that the rice is cooked perfectly and delivers full flavour in any recipe. The two pans are a standout feature, making it the best rice cooker in India.
The product is designed to cook rice evenly. Additionally, the pans are suitable for steaming vegetables and making idlis. While the lid helps keep the cooked rice warm, its handles are heat resistant and allow for easy lifting.
The switchable control automatically moves from “Cooking” mode to keep-warm and prevents overcooking. The power cord can be detached for easy storage while the measuring cup ensures you to get the ratio of rice and water correct.
4. Panasonic Automatic Cooker Without Warmer
- Auto cut off prevents overcooking
- Long keep warm time
- Consumes less power
- High-quality food grade material
- The sides of the cooker side can dent if dropped
- Capacity is quite small if you are a large family
- Aluminium cooking pan
- ROHS compliant Material
- 7 litres total capacity
- 550W power draw
- Scoop holder inbuilt
- Fits 500gm of raw rice
- Cooking plate, measuring cup and scoop included
Ideal or a small family, the Panasonic SR-WA10 fits up to 500gm of raw rice and has a cooking plate that prevents grains from sticking together or burning at the base.
It can accommodate 2.7 litres of cooked food while the auto-switch off facility saves energy. With a 550W power draw and an aluminium pan, the cooker is designed to shorten the cooking time.
While the keep-warm function helps the rice to stay warm for up to four hours, the heat-resistant handles allow for easy lifting. The included scoop is built to allow for safe checking of rice when cooking, and it can be fitted into the holder to reduce messy spills. The cup allows for easy measuring of rice and water.
5. Panasonic Electric Cooker With Non-Stick Cooking Pan & Steamer
- The material of the pan allows for easy
- Polycarbonate steaming basket is long
- Ideal for steaming idlis
- Not suitable when cooking for a large family
- Failure to use the cooking plate causes the rice to get stuck at the bottom
- Maximum capacity of 1.8L
- Fits 1kg of raw rice
- 660 watts power consumption
- Non-stick pan with a cooking plate
- Auto-cooking option
- Clear basket for steaming
- Keep warm function for 5 hours
- Safety features include a micro switch and thermal fuse
The Panasonic SR-Y18FHS consumes only 660 watts and is built to cater to a small family who wants a healthy meal cooked automatically in the midst of the morning rush.
With a maximum capacity of 1.8L, it fits up to 1kg of raw rice and automatically cooks pulao or biryani to perfection for a party. A steaming basket included can be used to steam fish, vegetables, and idlis.
The cooker keeps the food warm for up to five hours. The cooking pan has a non-stick coating along with a plate to ensure that the rice does not burn at the bottom.
The handle of the lid allows for easy opening and checking during cooking while the side handles are heat resistant and ensure hassle-free lifting.
6. Hawkins Contura Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker
- Elegant design with a steel lid
- Durable material hard anodized finish
- Premier and well-known brand
- The lid of the cooker can be troublesome and hard to open and close
- Stainless steel lid
- A capacity of 5 litres
- Ideal when cooking for 5-7 people
- Flat base with a diameter of 150 mm
- Base with 3.25 mm thickness
Ideally suited for the woman who has to juggle cooking and then work a 9 to 5 job, the Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker reduces the time needed to create an Indian meal.
The cooker has a large 5-litre capacity and can handle cooking for 5-7 people. While its 150 mm flat base allows for easy use on a gas stove or induction cooktop.
An ergonomically designed body allows for easy stirring. Its black anodized finish is 60 microns thick to provide the exterior with extra durability and ensures the cooker absorbs heat faster.
7. Bajaj Majesty Electric Rice Cooker
- Good for cooking large quantities of rice
- Cooks rice to a perfect consistency ideal for biryani
- Trivet included ensures rice does not burn at the bottom
- Consumes a lot of electricity
- Keep warm sometimes does come on
- Maximum capacity of 2.8 litres
- Auto switching to keep warm
- The power consumption of 1000 watts
- Fits up to 1.4 kg of raw rice
- Trivet, spatula and measuring cup included
- A warranty period of 2 years
With a “jumbo” 2.8 litres capacity, the Bajaj Majesty RCX 28 is the perfect option if you are looking for the best rice cooker in India for a large family. It is built to accommodate 1.4 kg of raw rice and ensures that every grain boils to a consistency that rice lovers will prefer.
An auto switch to keep warm function allows for hassle-free cooking without constant monitoring. It also ensures that food remains warm and ready-to-be-served several hours later. Included with the cooker is a spatula for a safe stirring of rice when cooking, while a measuring cup ensures excess water is not used.
8. Expresso Stainless Steel Induction Rice Cooker
- Easily cleaned and maintained
- Long lasting steel build
- Flat base and gasket ensures faster and even cooking of rice
- Knob opener is difficult to use
- Steam can cause scalding
- 5L maximum capacity
- Polished steel exterior
- Flat induction friendly base
- Inner basket with handle and holes
- Heat resistant handles
- Whistle and gasket included
Ideally suited for areas where electricity supply is unstable, the Expresso Induction Friendly Rice cooker can be switched to a gas stove if the induction cooktop is not functioning.
It is built with stainless steel, which ensures extreme durability and its 1.5L capacity allows for a sufficient amount of rice to be cooked for the family. Designed for multiple uses such as steaming vegetables, idlis, and cooking dhal, it has a thick base to minimizes the chances of burning.
The inner basket has a handle for easy lifting and holes for straining excess water. A gasket keeps steam strapped and shortens the cooking time while a safety valve allows for excess to be released.
9. Black + Decker 1-Litre Rice Cooker
- Water level indicators prevent overfilling
- Automatic switching from cooking to keep warm
- Two pots allow for rice and dhal to be cooked without having to clean one
- Only suitable for a small family
- Struggles to handle power fluctuations
- Two aluminium pots included
- Automatic cooking and keep warm function
- Cooking plate with holes for separating starch
- Measuring cup and spoon included
- Water level indicator on the pots
- The power consumption of 400 watts
- Maximum capacity of 1litre
The Black + Decker BXRC0101IN cooker is created by one of the most recognized brands in the world and has a premium build. With a power draw of 400 watts and a 1-litre capacity, it is ideal for cooking 500gms of rice for a small family.
It includes two aluminium pots that allow for easy cooking of rice in one and a side dish or dhal in another. A cooking plate ensures that the starch drains outs and prevents burning or sticking of rice.
Its automatic cook function shuts off the cooker and switches it to keep it warm. The measuring cup included allows for a precise ratio of rice and water when cooking, and the spoon is designed for safe stirring when the cooker is in operation.
Water level indicators on the pots ensure precise filling, and the handles remain cool during operation.
10. Inalsa All-in-One Cooker
- The toughened glass on the lid is durable
- Deep frying and steaming accessories are of high quality
- Ideal for sautéing and seasoning pulao and curries
- Easily cleanable non-stick bowl
- Innovative and ergonomic design
- Consumes a lot of power
- Cannot handle small quantities of food
- Maximum capacity of 5 litres
- Cook-and-serve design
- The power consumption of 1400 watts
- Adjustable Temperature and detachable cord
- Plastic body and removable bowl with non-stick coating
- 8 in 1 functions – boil, fry, roast, grill, steam, and slow cook
- Automatic keep warm
- Overheating protection
- Timer Function
- Frying Basket and Steaming rack included
With an innovative design and large capacity of 5 litres, the Inalsa Cook & Serve can be used to prepare an entire meal without having to turn on a gas stove.
It is an eight-in-one cooker capable of deep frying potatoes, steaming vegetables, roasting meat, boiling rice, sautéing, grilling, slow cooking, and warming.
It includes a detachable non-stick bowl (durable), a deep fryer, and a rack for steaming accessories. Temperature can be controlled to ensure that both veg and non-veg dishes cook perfectly.
There is an automatic keep-warm function that ensures food does not grow cold. A glass lid allows you to observe food cooking without problems and a Timer Function that extends over ( 0 – 180°C ) is also available.
The cooker consumes 1400 watts and has overheating protection. It also has a power indicator light that ensures maximum safety.
Its non-slip rubber feet and cool touch handles allow for a hassle-free cooking experience, and the power cord can be detached for easy storage.